Tuesday 24 May 2016

MORE ON LEXI'S DYE GARDEN

Lexi has been working on her dye garden...this is an important part of our project, in that it means that when we've all finished and the work is on the walls, there will still be things happening as a result of Green Room.  A great living  legacy in the making...


I have been gathering hawthorn blossom from the swathes of trees in blossom along the side of the canal, very exciting to start the process of gathering some dye colours !  Hopefully the blossom will give me a nice range of yellows...... 


I can leave the flowers to steep overnight if I want to have a stronger colour, so it will be nice to have a play around with different shades as I'm not quite sure the colours I want just yet..........


Adding different mordants (a mordant fixes the dye colour to the wool or fibre being dyed) will change the colour again, so I'm looking forward to having a play........."




No comments:

Post a Comment